Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Little bit of retail therapy....

I have been very lazy with my camera just lately,so here are a few pictures of my car boot/auction finds.Car booting has been virtually non existent this year.In fact I have only been to two.The auction is usually full of rubbish and the charity shops are getting very expensive.However, in the interest of thrift I have been very discerning and have only invested in things I can't live without or that require very little money to be extracted from my purse......The quality of the photos is not great as the light was very gloomy due to the rain pouring outside...but I think you'll agree these are vital to sustain life as we know it!!
This little stool is so lovely but I may just paint the frame a lighter shade- can't decide yet....

         A bargain cup and saucer which is actually a deeper shade of blue than it appears....
A rather pretty trio which are a very unusual and very dainty....
This is my favourite...a beautiful needlepoint rose picture.I think the frame is a bit shiny but it is just so vibrant, I almost fainted when I saw it (I'm so dramatic!)
Some scarabble tiles which I thought would be useful to stick on something as I'm revamping the shop.

A little glimpse of my newly arranged dresser...It's all pastels for summer which make the room very serene and I will introduce the reds back in the winter....how sad am I ?
However,it's the little things that give us pleasure and serve as adistraction to the bigger more scary things.
                                                     Talk soon.Have a good one
                                                                     Anne x

5 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

I love your little stool and the needlepoint, but then I do have a passion for roses. I also love the scrabble tiles, I am currently collecting old childrens wooden bricks with letters on to decorate the shelves in my sewing room. They spell out sew, mend etc. I hadnt thought of scrabble tiles, but will certainly be looking out for some now.

petals and vintage said...

Oh my goodness I love it all. China and tapestries are my favourites. Great finds there. It is raining over here as well and is a dark and gloomy day. xx

Vintage Home said...

...what a lovely group of things...such sweet reminders of why we open our wallets! They are all must haves!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Your dresser looks great and I love the cups and saucers!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Helen said...

Cute little stool, I see a theme of roses running through your photographs. I see you coming through this smelling of them
H xx