Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday thoughts.......

Morning,girls.Have had a jolly hard time uploading photos so in desperation I turned everything off and now it's working so I thought I would post this litle photo and hope you will all do as you are told at least for today.We spend so much time doing stuff we dont want to do and stuff we do want to do foe other people that the stuff we do need to do for ourselves gets continually squeezed.
So,have a manicure,read a book,crochet/knit/sew all day.Pluck your eyebrows or in my case your chin(another menopausal delight.)Kick the leaves.leave the housework and do something lovely just for you.This is especially for my sister Jules who has been very run down lately and needs to be very good to herself from now on
Anyway let me know what you do to be good to yourself...

This one is for me as I have to go to the dentist again today.Orthodontic cleansing and scraping yesterday-don't you just hate that! Dentist today......Im also going to tidy my sewing room which looks as if a cyclone has hit...see you later girls -have a good day.
Anne x

6 comments:

VINTAGE HEART said...

Hi Anne, your post is very apt, as its my day off and i have so much to do, but here I am in my dressing gown reading blogs at 9 ,oclock in the morning , some thing I want to do for me... but i still feel guilty ,why do us women do guity so well?? I laughed out loud when i read about the the hairy chin comment, it rang so true to me!!! maybe if we both stopped plucking we could be a double act in the circus, the incredible beared ladies of the north,could be our billing!! Linda x x

lemonade kitty said...

Hope your trip to the dentist wasn't too bad and that you enjoyed the rest of the day, Lucey xx

The Vintage Bazaar said...

Hi Anne.. I like to Henna my hair... read a book.. have an afternoon nap & then a glass of wine in the evening in front of the fire.. bliss! Lizzie x

Between Me and You said...

Just found your blog through your sister`s and I`m so glad I did. Your shop is wonderful and full of lovely things. I`m saving up to buy one of your Mum`s cushions which I`ve already mentioned to Jules about - I just love it and it`s now on my `Must Have`list! Good Luck with the shop - I`ll put a link on my sidebar of that`s ok with you.
Re. the bearded hag look - isn`t it unfair that the hair thins on top of our heads, yet sprouts on our chins?!!

Radka said...

Hi, I just found your blog (from a card picked up in the shop a year ago!!! when sorting out my room, I know!.. that is what happens when you get old!))I think you would had liked yesterday's Vintage Bazaar - see my blog. Have a good Sunday!

bellaboo said...

Hello,
Thanks for dropping in and leaving a lovely comment.Have just been looking back through your blog and enjoying all the lovely work you have done with the children.I used to have my own nursery school at one time.I dread going to the dentist..I hope it wasn't too painful for you today! A relaxing day for me would be to rearrange the china on my dresser...sad isn't it?! :o)