Sunday, June 6, 2010

A little mellow yellow

I have been reading Donna's (Fabric of my life)blog and she was talking about how yellow is the colour that seems to be creeping into her life and I know what she means.I think yellow can be very uplifting and we subconsciously chose it as its sunshine to the soul.I too have noticed yellow gradually seeping into my life....

I bought this little vase at a car boot a few weeks ago (50p)
Ardley salt and pepper pots    (£2.00)
A rather gorgeous honey pot which I found in a charity shop.....
I have been drinking a lot of lemonade,,,,I love this ikea bottle......
And a little bit of limey yellow nicotiana in the border,,,,so cheerful.....
Here's to sunny days.Have a great week whatever you do.
Anne x

4 comments:

Jules said...

Lovely loveliness. You CAN have a patchwork chair - you've got the talent, the supplies and god knows, an abundance of chairs to choose from. I'll await the results with anticipation :) Perhaps you should enlist the children to 'practice' on the patchwork pieces in sewing class :)

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Anne

I too read Donna's post on yellow. It is an underated colour wich I very much like. I like your finds, very pretty!

Warm wishes
Isabelle x

The fabric of my life said...

Isn't it funny Anne? I am crazy about yellow at the moment and find myself attracted to it in a way I never was before. It has to be the RIGHT yellow though!

made-and-found said...

You are so right,Donna.There is yellow and there is yellow but I am attracted to it especially just lately.Is it my age?? There is happy uplifting yellow which is lovely and there is sulky, sullen yellow which I avoid if I can help it but then sullen yellow goes well with zingy loime black and turquoise.Dont you just love colours and all their symphonies.Anne x