Saturday, May 8, 2010

caravans......

Have been reading Lucy's recent post Attic 24 and am smitten by'My cool caravan'which I have ordered from Amazon.It is full of gorgeous caravans and campers and is full of heavenly crochet inspiration.My heart is singing and my head is now full of projects and I now have an excuse to buy more wool.......I remember my only caravan holiday was with my brother John aged 4 and I would be about six.We went by trainwith my grandmother and her sister great aunt Polly who had a very spoilt,yappy corgi called Nellie.We stayed in a bijoux (very small)caravan on a very exposed campsite at CaenarvonCastle in NorthWales . It rained and blew gale force winds for the entire week.We played a lot of old Maid and Happy families and drank a lot of hot milk.I loved it though soooo cosy and I remember John and I both had those little brown suitcases like evacuees......Happy days......Anyway in keeping with the theme, above is a rather gorgeous caravan doorstop and below is another beautiful book hand stitched in Sterlingshire.Both available in the shop......Praying for much warmer carbooting weather tomorrow.








1 comment:

imperfectly natural mama said...

I love caravans, this is brilliant!