Monday, May 3, 2010

Bank Holiday weekends...and best laid plans......

Car boot bargains..
50p
£1
I have a few oversize soak your feet type bowls and I love them but they are rather difficult to store.

50p
£1.50
Well another disappointing bank holiday weekend weatherwise and sooo cold.I am beginning to think that I will have to surgically remove my coat.We have been best friends for the last eight cold,long months and I am tired of being cold.Sundays always seem to be the worst day of the week and Sunday afternoon is my only time off and although it's never enough, I try to pack in as much as I can doing the things I really want to rather than have to.Car booting is my down time.I have to be up at 5.30 on a Sunday to go to work but I have a couple of hours from 8 til 10 to car boot. Lately though this small pleasure has not made my heart sing and I know the weather is a lot to do with it.Bargains are becoming harder to come by these days, but if you look hard there are still little treasures to behold. .....I really need sun though...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Anne, I love love love the blue teacups in the picture! So pretty. :) Also, is car booting the same thing as garage saleing in America? If so, then next time I channel my daffy english lady who pops out of me every now and then I'm going to use the term. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Jennie said...

It has been really chilly this weekend :/ I've had the fire on again and I thought we were past that now! I couldn't go carbooting because my hayfever was so bad this weekend and I really wanted to get to the one at Strawberry fields in Brid on Monday :(
Love your findings x

Jules said...

surely the lovingly cooked bacon muffin puts a little bit of joy in your belly if not a spring in your step? Fingers crossed for sunshine next weekend and if it's any consolation, Spring hasn't really arrived yet in Finland and it's pretty chilly here. It is light though which makes a very nice change. Have a good week xxx