Monday, March 22, 2010

Despair

It's been a long time since my lost post and I am in despair.We had a burglary two weeks ago and my laptop and card reader were stolen.So I have lost my entire address book all my bookmarks and all my customer email addresses.Some were backed up but the whole process of uploading photos for my online shop is now beyond me.I have a new laptop which is very sophisticated but I loved my old plodding travelmate -simple to use and very straightforward.So I cant even upload a photo today because I just don't know how.Seriously thinking of calling it a day.I dont think I have enough time to run an online shop.Its very time consuming to keep it fresh and different and I am increasingly too weary and too defeated.Why are things never straightforward? Why can't everybody who has money give one pound and then the entire African continent could be swathed in mosquito nets? Why do mean and vile people seem to triumph? Why did I put diesel in my petrol car? Why can't I lose a stone in one week? How did it get to be nearly the end of March? Despair !!

8 comments:

Hand Knitted Things said...

Hi there. I'm so sorry to read about this. I know what it feels like to have things taken and it causes such disruption and distrust. You will get over it in time and things will become manageable. Take heart there are lots of really good and nice people out there, don't let the few who are bad get to you. Regards Julia

made with love said...

Oh you poor thing, I don't know what some people get out of being so mean. I am pleased that you have got a new laptop. I am sure that you will find it your friend before too long.
Hope you have a better week.
I can't believe it's nearly April either and if you do work out how to loose a stone in a week, please let me know;)
((HUGS))
Rachael xx

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time at the moment. Sending big *hugs* your way. xxx

Megan said...

"Cheer up!" somebody said. "Things could be worse!" So I did. And they were.

Hope that made you laugh. Close the shop for a day and go out. It can get to you - I know - I use to have a shop too!

Annie said...

Sorry to hear about the horrible time you have been having. I am sure when things settle down a bit you will get your head around your new lap top and get your shop up and running again. I love the Pip Studio things in one of your previous posts, I had been looking at all of their lovely things on their website.
Ann x

Flower Girl said...

Oh Anne I am so sorry to hear that you were burgled and that you feel in despair. Hang on in there, don't give up - your website is gorgeous, it would be a shame to let it go. Perhaps a friend or family member could help you with the photos? Rebecca x

Country Cottage Chic said...

You poor thing - how horrible for you.
You just need to give it time & stick at it & before you know it you'll love your new computer too.

Jayne

Jules said...

So, hon, despair should be lifting and if you are nice to your new laptop it will be nice to you :) Spring really is just around the corner so feel proud of all that you achieve in life and all the storms you've weathered. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - feeling like superwoman? xx